- Register to Vote in Ohio – - Please vote for judges who will fairly enforce the laws that protect working people.
- Ohio Office of Unemployment Compensation – - Apply for unemployment compensation.
- Workplace Fairness
- The National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) – - NELA is the country's largest professional organization that is exclusively comprised of lawyers who represent individual employees in cases involving employment discrimination and other employment-related matters.
- Ohio Employment Lawyers Association – - The Ohio Employment Lawyers Association (OELA) members are attorneys who dedicate 70% or more of their employment practice to representing people, not companies. OELA attorneys vindicate employee rights, such as discrimination, sexual harassment and wrongful discharge. OELA is a state affiliate of the National Employment Lawyers Association ("NELA").
- Ohio Supreme Court – - The web site of the Ohio Supreme Court provides links to courts throughout Ohio, and information about Ohio's attorneys and judicial system.
- Filing a complaint about an attorney or judge
- Ohio Civil Rights Commission
- Ohio Employee Rights (Government web site)
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission – - Information about federal laws against employment discrimination.
- U.S. Department of Labor – - Information about laws administered by the Department of Labor, including Family and Medical Leave Act, workplace safety, wage and hours laws, and National Labor Relations Act.
Nancy Grim Weekly Weekly
Topic of the Week
Life After Military Service
The unemployment rate for people who defended our country is embarrassingly high. This time I'll explore different options for people leaving the military.
Blog of the Week
Recently, the Department of Labor proposed a rule to bring overtime up-to-date. If the proposal goes into effect, an additional 5 million white-collar workers are expected to benefit from overtime. The Department of Labor wants to hear your voice on this proposal and until this Friday, September 4, 2015, they are taking comments on the proposed rule.
Thought for the Week
"Flattery is the infantry of negotiation"
List of the Week
from Professors Arum and Rokska
Is College Worth the Time and Effort: Not If Critical Thinking Matters
- Only 45% of students demonstrated a significant improvement in critical thinking
- Average student only spends 9% of his or her time studying