- Register to Vote in Ohio – - Please vote for judges who will fairly enforce the laws that protect working people.
- Ohio Office of Unemployment Compensation – - Apply for unemployment compensation.
- Workplace Fairness
- The National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) – - NELA is the country's largest professional organization that is exclusively comprised of lawyers who represent individual employees in cases involving employment discrimination and other employment-related matters.
- Ohio Employment Lawyers Association – - The Ohio Employment Lawyers Association (OELA) members are attorneys who dedicate 70% or more of their employment practice to representing people, not companies. OELA attorneys vindicate employee rights, such as discrimination, sexual harassment and wrongful discharge. OELA is a state affiliate of the National Employment Lawyers Association ("NELA").
- Ohio Supreme Court – - The web site of the Ohio Supreme Court provides links to courts throughout Ohio, and information about Ohio's attorneys and judicial system.
- Filing a complaint about an attorney or judge
- Ohio Civil Rights Commission
- Ohio Employee Rights (Government web site)
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission – - Information about federal laws against employment discrimination.
- U.S. Department of Labor – - Information about laws administered by the Department of Labor, including Family and Medical Leave Act, workplace safety, wage and hours laws, and National Labor Relations Act.
Nancy Grim Weekly Weekly
Topic of the Week
Source Code: Effective Business Communications
Everyone at work seems to be overwhelmed today. With all of our bulging inboxes, it's so darned important for every one of us to learn how to communicate more efficiently and effectively.
Blog of the Week
Thought for the Week
"The five essential entrepreneurial skills for success: concentration, discrimination, organizations, innovation and communication."
–Harold S. Geneen
List of the Week
from Fish Consulting
Virtual Team Challenges: What Managers Are Concerned About
- 49% communicating effectively
- 43% managing projects and deadlines
- 43% creating consensus during decision-making
Top Five News Headlines
- The Gig Economy Celebrates Working Yourself to Death
- How to Make Employment Fair in an Age of Contracting and Temp Work
- Republicans Just Made It Easier For Employers To Hide Workplace Injuries
- Acosta Unsure About Using Pay Level for Overtime Eligibility Chris Opfer
- The Not-So-Creepy Reason More Bosses Are Tracking Employees