- Register to Vote in Ohio – - Please vote for judges who will fairly enforce the laws that protect working people.
- Ohio Office of Unemployment Compensation – - Apply for unemployment compensation.
- Workplace Fairness
- The National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) – - NELA is the country's largest professional organization that is exclusively comprised of lawyers who represent individual employees in cases involving employment discrimination and other employment-related matters.
- Ohio Employment Lawyers Association – - The Ohio Employment Lawyers Association (OELA) members are attorneys who dedicate 70% or more of their employment practice to representing people, not companies. OELA attorneys vindicate employee rights, such as discrimination, sexual harassment and wrongful discharge. OELA is a state affiliate of the National Employment Lawyers Association ("NELA").
- Ohio Supreme Court – - The web site of the Ohio Supreme Court provides links to courts throughout Ohio, and information about Ohio's attorneys and judicial system.
- Filing a complaint about an attorney or judge
- Ohio Civil Rights Commission
- Ohio Employee Rights (Government web site)
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission – - Information about federal laws against employment discrimination.
- U.S. Department of Labor – - Information about laws administered by the Department of Labor, including Family and Medical Leave Act, workplace safety, wage and hours laws, and National Labor Relations Act.
Nancy Grim Weekly Weekly
Topic of the Week
Dealing With Distractions
Blogs, texts and apps are just some of the things enticing us to play hooky instead of getting work done. Here are four tips to help you remain focused.
Blog of the Week
The Pope's visit to the USA this week comes just two months before pivotal UN climate talks that could lead to a global climate agreement. Climate change will be high on his agenda in planned addresses to the UN and Congress, and it is likely that one of his central concerns will be the economy.
Thought for the Week
"You can always find a distraction if you're looking for one."
List of the Week
from Brent O'Brian
Just Reading This Will Stress You Out: Top Stressors At Work
- Misaligned responsibilities
- Lack of prioritization
- Time management issues
- Inappropriate workloads
- Unrealistic expectations
Top Five News Headlines
- United management pilots win class action certification to sue the Air Line Pilots Association union over retro pay
- Delta sues Republic Airways over flights lost to pilot dispute
- Wal-Mart, Visa Negotiating to End $5 Billion Swipe-Fee Suit
- In first case of term, Supreme Court considers international obligations
- BP settlement will cost $20.8 billion, Justice Department says