Northeast Ohio Employment Attorney
I have been fighting for employee rights in northeast Ohio since 1984. I am certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a Specialist in Labor and Employment Law.
I have successfully litigated many employee rights and employment discrimination claims to trial or settlement. I do not hesitate to fight for my clients, no matter how big the opponent.
I work in state and federal courts and administrative agencies, including:
- Discrimination (Race, Sex, Gender, Age, Disability, Religion, National Origin, Ethnicity)
- Sexual Harassment, or Other Discriminatory Hostile Environment
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Violations of Employment Contracts
- Whistle Blower Rights (Retaliation for reporting employers who endanger public safety)
- Public Employee Rights (Local, State and Federal Government)
- Review or Negotiation of Severance Agreements.
Nancy Grim Weekly Weekly
Topic of the Week
Fill the Void: Getting Reengaged At Work
With 70% of the workforce not engaged at work, here are four ways to say "I do" all over again.
Blog of the Week
Are you an employee? It seems like a simple question that must have a simple answer for most people. But definitions in different laws and rulings enforcing the laws vary. And that variation provides an opening for a growing number of employers to cheat governments of taxes and workers of income, benefits and protections by misclassifying their employees, especially as "independent contractors."
Thought for the Week
"We are all in the gutter, just some of us are looking at the stars."
List of the Week
from Harris Interactive
Stressors at Work: Top Sources of Stress
- Low wages, 11% (for women it's 14%)
- Annoying coworkers, 10%
- Commuting, 9%
- Workload, 9%
- Job outside chosen career, 8%