Northeast Ohio Employment Attorney
I have been fighting for employee rights in northeast Ohio since 1984. I am certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a Specialist in Labor and Employment Law.
I have successfully litigated many employee rights and employment discrimination claims to trial or settlement. I do not hesitate to fight for my clients, no matter how big the opponent.
I work in state and federal courts and administrative agencies, including:
- Discrimination (Race, Sex, Gender, Age, Disability, Religion, National Origin, Ethnicity)
- Sexual Harassment, or Other Discriminatory Hostile Environment
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Violations of Employment Contracts
- Whistle Blower Rights (Retaliation for reporting employers who endanger public safety)
- Public Employee Rights (Local, State and Federal Government)
- Review or Negotiation of Severance Agreements.
Nancy Grim Weekly Weekly
Topic of the Week
Getting a Raise Before You Start
45% of employers expect to negotiate with a job candidate for a larger salary during an initial job offer. Sadly, almost half of workers simply accept the first offer given to them. Here are four tips to utilize during your next salary negotiation.
Blog of the Week
Today we commemorate “African American Women’s Equal Pay Day,” the day in the year when African American women’s wages finally catch up to what men earned last year. It is important to note that African American Women’s Equal Pay Day comes nearly four months after “Women’s Equal Pay Day,” which included wages of women of all races, and was marked on April 12th of this year.
Thought for the Week
"For I can raise no money by vile means."
List of the Week
I'll Raise You: Who Negotiates for a Raise
- 55% of workers 35 or older negotiate the first offer
- Only 45% of those between 18 and 35 do
- More men, 54%, negotiate than women, 49%
Top Five News Headlines
- EEOC settles case over Muslim server fired for wearing headscarf
- Injured Workers Face Stacked Deck During Workers’ Comp Appeals Process, Critics Say
- 6 Things You Should Know About Sexual Harassment In The Workplace
- Paying People to Stay Home When They’re Sick Results in Fewer People Getting Sick
- Chipotle under fire for illegal workplace policies